Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Weight


Here I am 26 days into my adventure and, despite the fact that my alcohol calorie intake has been nil, I have not lost a single pound.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to the fact that assumed weight loss played into my decision not to drink for a year.  I've had a long and varied history of weight loss and regain, but with this last regain following an injury in early 2012, I haven't bounced back.  Or rather, I haven't yo-ed back down the scale.  I am at exactly the same weight today as I was on January 1 of 2013.  I know that because at the beginning of last year I bought myself a calendar and, assuming a weight loss of a pound a week, charted out where I would be today.  But after 365 days of up and down, then a little more down, I was sidelined once again and ended the year right where I started.  

The body wants what it is used to, and since I haven't been giving it sugar in the form of wine it wanted chocolate.  And pasta.  And bread.  I have been lenient with myself up until now but I do believe it is time to reign that in.  



No comments:

Post a Comment