Sunday, February 9, 2014

Coming Together, Falling Apart

"Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don't really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. And then they come together again and fall apart again. It's just like that." - Pema Chödrön

There has been a fair amount of falling apart going on in my life recently. 

I have felt tested, but now I am feeling a kind of healing as well. Surviving the downs does that for you. There are times when I cry out "This again?" when faced with the newest version of an old pain - as I did when talking about friendship earlier -  but even in my sadness I know that healing is happening.

I hope I am on the precipice of things coming together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment