Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bourbon

I've been wanting bourbon today. 

It hasn't overtaken red wine as my first choice of first drink, but it has definitely been on my mind. It's the smell of it, the first sharp taste of it, the smooth sliding down the throat of it. 

As I get closer to the end of the YONA it has been increasingly more challenging to keep the "want" at bay. It was easier when I had months and months to go - the end was so far away that thinking about it wasn't productive at all. Now that I am closing in on two months to go I have allowed myself the luxury - and by luxury apparently I mean torture - of thinking about drinking again. 

I won't quit. I won't get this close and then ditch it for the momentary satisfaction of a glass of something. 

But I won't lie either. I am really looking forward to that first drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment